Sunday 2 October 2011

Taking the Plunge!

For some time, I have been told that I should take the plunge and start writing a blog.
I would like to be a respected scientific writer one day down the road so this seemed to be the most logical step toward that direction.
Starting a blog is not easy (I am going to list the reasons in a list form because I am a scientist and naturally, my thoughts are organized in lists and tasks)
A.   You have to come up with awesome and enticing things to write about. Science is generally perceived as a complex foreign body of language and knowledge that only those who ascribe to the club are capable of understanding. I would like to break that barrier and write about amazing research around the world to make reading about Science cool!

B.    Setting up the blog with a writing program like Word requires you to tolerate Word autoformatting and the occasional link out to Word Online Help for Writing Blogs with every key slip up!

C.   Building up the ego to put your thoughts out for criticism- who cares what I have to say about Science anyways?

D.  Finding time in an already chaotic schedule to sit and read/write about things happening in Science that 50 million other bloggers have already posted 5 hours ago…
So you see now my apprehension/road blocks in taking the plunge and getting this ‘cool’ scientific blog started. Nevertheless, I believe my choices of science topics to discuss are of upmost importance and alongside my charming sarcastic humour (note the ego building up), I will produce an entertaining means for you to update yourself on amazing research going on around the world! 
Stay tuned…

1 comment:

  1. Pam, so happy you're doing this! I can't wait to learn more about your crazy world of super smart science... entertain and educate me girl!
    xo Taessa

    ReplyDelete